Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Abroad

Well this past Thanksgiving wasn't my first away from home, but it was my first away from relatives.

I am not sure if it was even my idea, or one of my friends, but we decided to have a Thanksgiving dinner together, which is really cool of them.
So it ended up being Dan and Diana, Dejan and Deanna, Etienne and Cyril, Evangelina, Jo and Andy, Anne and Daniel and Keziah and Zoe, Anca, Jason, and myself. Plus Keith and Melody showed up for a little while.

We had all the food I normally had at Thanksgiving thanks to everyone bringing part of the meal, and I had the experience of making my first Pumpkin Pies, my first tofu loaf, my first cranberry sauce, and my first cranberry relish. It was stressful. and it took me 6 hours just to make those four things. An obvious clue to my lack of experience. I am thinking, Thanksgiving is a lot of work, haha.

But the best part wasn't the food, it was my friends, my family.I love everyone here and I feel so blessed (and thankful) to have these people in my life. To have that many people come together, and celebrate a holiday they never have before, makes me feel so loved. And I am thinking how much I will miss them in 7 months when I leave. And that makes me sad.But at the moment there is no time to waste on sadness. Only time to soak up all the happiness the people in my life bring to me.

So to all my friends who came and spent Thanksgiving with me, Thank you. I love that you are in my life, and truly appreciate you. I can still say that I have never spent a Thanksgiving with out my family :).

Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but becareful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude.-E.P.Powell

audrey.

No comments:

Post a Comment