Thursday, June 3, 2010

Beginning of the End




So my plan is this. To take one picture everyday for my last week in England and share why I took it and what I want to remember about it. I have chosen not to do people, because there are way more than 7 that I want to remember :). My picture for today is the view from outside my window, and I actually made a video as well haha. I can crawl out my window in the flat and onto a little landing, and I only discovered this within the my last 2 months of being here. I had always thought about it but never done it. Since finally doing it, I have gone out there a couple times when I needed some time to myself, when I needed to get away. In the past two months I have laughed there, cried there, talk to God there, and tanned there. I have jammed out, chilled out, and pigged out. It became my "spot" really quickly. It made me remember when I was a child and would find all these secret hiding places in my yard, my house, my street. There's something about having a secret place. Something about a space where you go to be with God, and you leave the world behind. I think we need to remember to have places that belong to us and God alone. Places where we feel safe, where we feel closer to God and farther away from the world. And so my place for a short time has been outside my window.

No comments:

Post a Comment