Sunday, August 9, 2009

A month and two days

I wake up and I lay in bed. I am thinking "wow, I live in England". It has been a month and 2 days now that I have been here. It's gone by quickly. I am homesick and Chris sick :). But not to the point of tears, usually. Sometimes though it just hits you. I went to see the proposal today with Zoe and Charlotte, and it made me tear up cause it made me think about Chris, I had to force my mind somewhere else. I miss my family too though, I wish Austin could come visit me, with me being off in other places all the time we haven't ever gotten to get as close as I wish we were. But I love him and I know he loves me and I will always be here for him. My mom and dad are a given...of course I miss them. I miss just hanging out the four of us. Going to the mountains, or eating breakfast, or playing games, whatever, I am really really blessed to have the family that I do and I will always miss them when I am not with them. It would have been easy to stay at home. To stay in a place that I know, with people I know, doing things that I know how to do. To stay in my little church. Comfortable, and easy. But I am glad I am here. Growing, learning, and making new friends. People are already asking me what I am going to do next year. It would be smart to have a plan I suppose. I don't. But if you know me, you know that even if I did it would probably change. lol. I know that I am here, I am happy, and this is where God wants me. That's enough for me right now.

1 comment:

  1. you have to come up with a "it made me cry" option! We are really missing you too! Love you brave, sweet daughter!

    ReplyDelete