Sunday, August 2, 2009

Written.





It feels like this


For Christopher

Here I am
but where are you
You are at home where you belong
but where do I belong
I feel alone
there are plenty of people here
but not you
How could we know what 12 months will change
We don't
but I think about it
Will I come home to you
Maybe I am homeless
But you make me feel at home
I like to think about you
And how you make me feel
but I try not to
I don't like how it makes me feel
when I think about how you make me feel
but I should get used to it
because I am here
but where are you
You are at home where you belong

1 comment:

  1. im at home where i belong? you know where home is to me and im deffinatly not home... im here in this town i was born, waiting for something to come from the sky and hit me, turn a light bulb on in my head and take me in my next direction. where am i? why i am here. confused, walking blind, waiting for somebody to grab my hand and show me the way. but i know that will not happen because i must open my eyes and find the path myself. as i walk down this path im on, i stop the smell the roses but without you they seem to have no smell. i stop to watch the sun set but it seems to have no color without you. my feet are growing with pain, my heart is getting heavier to carry in my cest every day. my chest has felt so light for so long because you've been carrying my heart but now that youre so far away, im starting to wonder how much more it will weigh. i hope the bread crums in your basket lasted you the whole way there... so you can find your way back, so i can be home again.

    ReplyDelete